Hello! I’m Catherine Sauve, President for the year, and a 3rd year Neuroscience student. Seeing the Amnesty group work and grow over the past three years is exactly why I’ve stuck around. AI has a pretty wonderful mission, and I hope you, too, can find rewards in working towards a world in which every person- regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, orientation, or gender identity – enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. See you soon!
Catherine is the President, whose role is to:
- Chair executive and general meetings, create agendas, book meeting rooms,
- Coordinate the efforts of the group, oversee the actions of each individual and committee,
- Provide administrative support to the group, responsible for correspondence with external groups such as SUSJ, Student Group Services, the City Group 12/26 and Amnesty International Canada,
- Prepare actions for meetings which are not covered by the Action Coordinators, and
- Act as a spokesperson for the group.